About Resource Support Agency
Textiles Committee a Statutory body under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India was set up by an Act of Parliament viz., ‘Textiles Committee Act’, 1963. The main objectives of the Committee activities are oriented towards the overall quality improvement of Textiles in India. The Government of India, Ministry of Textiles has designated the Textiles Committee as Resource Support Agency (RSA) for the new scheme ‘समर्थ- (Samarth)’ of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India for providing resources in various sectors like Garment, Knitting, Processing, other unorganised Textile sector and traditional sectors like Jute, Silk, Handloom, Handicraft & Carpet.
The Textiles Committee, as RSA, will be performing the following functions under the ‘‘समर्थ (Samarth)”:
- To identify and finalize the skill development needs in consultation with Sector Skill councils (SSCs) and industry.
- To standardize the course content and to develop the content.
- To specify the training centre’s infrastructure with reference to the NSQF courses.
- To standardize the admission, assessment, certification and accreditation processes in consultation with the SSCs and industry to ensure consistency and acceptability by various stakeholders.
- To empanel Assessment Agencies and to monitor their performance.
- To conduct Training of Trainers (ToTs) and Training of Assessors (ToAs) in co-ordination with respective SSCs.
- To conduct the skill gap studies from time to time and build up a skill database for the industry.
- To study the global scenario and best practices in skilling in Textile Sector.