Textiles Committee is a Statutory body, established under an Act of Parliament in the year 1963 and is working under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. The Committee is engaged in various activities for promotion of quality in textile industry.
The Textiles Committee invites applications for engagement of Consultant on purely contract basis as per details given below:
|1||No of Consultants||1 (one)|
|2||Period of engagement||The engagement shall be initially for a period of 1 year|
|3||Scope of duties||
|5||Age||They should attained not more than the 63 years of age as on last date of receipt of application|
|6||Remuneration||A fixed monthly amount shall be admissible, arrived at by deducting the basic pension at the time of retirement. The amount of remuneration so fixed shall remain unchanged during the contract period and there would be no annual increment / percentage increase / Dearness allowances during the contract period.|
- The maximum age limit shall be reckoned as on 31.07.2022.
- The engagement shall be initially for a period upto one year which may be extended / curtailed depending upon the performance of the consultant or functional requirement of the Office
- The Selection Procedure would be based on application received in response to the advertisement which shall be shortlisted on basis of experience & Qualification or by interview.
- An appropriate and fixed amount as Transport Allowances for the purpose of commuting between the residence and the place of work shall be allowed not exceeding the rate applicable to the appointee at the time of retirement.
- The engagement of Consultant will be purely on contract basis and will not confer any rights for regular appointment.
- The Consultant shall be required to observe the normal office timing and may also be called upon to attend the office on Saturday, Sunday or any holiday in case of exigencies of work for which no extra numeration will be paid.
- The Committee reserves the right to restrict the number of applicant to be called for interview as applicable on the basis of qualification and experience.
- The Consultant will be entitled for the paid leave at the rate of 1.5 days for each complete month and accumulation of leave beyond a Calendar year may not be allowed.
- The income tax or any other tax will be deducted at source as per Government instruction.
- The Consultant shall make confidentiality of data and documents.
- The Consultant appointed by this Office, shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any matter which is adverse to the interest of this office. No consultant would be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of consultancy.
- In case, a consultant desires to leave the assignment, he / she is to give 7 day’s notice which can be curtailed / extended depending upon the work load. In the event, any consultant is found unfit on any account or if he / she is found guilty of any insubordination / misconduct, his / her services can be terminated immediately without any notice.
- The Textiles Committee shall not be responsible for any loss, accident, damage; injury suffered by the Consultant whatsoever arising in or out of the execution of his/her work including travel.
- Selected applicants shall be posted at the Office of the Textiles Committee, P. Balu Road, Prabhadevi Chowk, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025.
- To and fro journey shall not be paid to the applicant if called for interview.
- The engagement process can be cancelled/postponed/suspended/terminated without any prior notice / assigning any reasons at any stage.
- Application Format
- The application in the prescribed format duly filled in, in all respects, signed, affixing recent passport photograph, should send by post stating the name of the post (Consultant) applied on the top of envelope addressed to the Secretary, Textiles Committee, Government of India, Ministry of Textiles, P. Balu Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025 so as to reach the same on or before 31.07.2022.