Textiles Committee is inviting Expression of Interest from experienced publishers and book sellers for publicizing and selling hard and soft copies of the Study Report "Market for Textiles and Clothing: National Household Survey (MTC)" to all stakeholders throughout the country and abroad as well.
The publishers and book sellers may also request for details by sending e-mail at email@example.com.
The Expression of Interest should reach The Deputy Director(MR), Textiles Committee, P.Balu Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025 on or before 6th September,2021.
Ref: 4/27/2018 MR (PF)
Date: 16th August, 2021
Inviting Expression of Interest from Publishers and/or Book Sellers
1. The Textiles Committee Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India as part of its original mandate to undertake economic research in the textiles industry has been publishing several reports/ documents and surveys including its flagship annual Survey report titled “Market for Textiles and Clothing: National Household Survey (MTC)”.
2. The annual MTC survey report has been published by the Textiles Committee since 1969 and is the only authentic report available in the country providing aggregate domestic demand for textiles in the household sector as well as market size for various textile products at disaggregated levels. The report also inter-alia, gives estimation of per-capita demand at disaggregated level in terms of fibre and products.
3. In order to market the Study Report "Market for Textiles and Clothing: National Household Survey (MTC)" both at the national and international level, Textiles Committee invites an Expression of Interest from experienced publishers and/or book sellers for publicizing and selling minimum 500 hard and/ or 500 soft copies of the report @Rs. 4,000/- and Rs.1,500/- per copy(within India) each respectively and USD100 plus postage charges per hard/soft (for International buyers) to all stakeholders throughout the country and abroad as well.
4. The Terms of Reference (TOR) is as follows:-
(i) The Textiles Committee shall publish the MTC report and make available 500 hard and/ or soft copies of the report to the selected publisher and/or book seller for purpose of marketing within the country and abroad as well.
(ii) The publisher and/or book seller shall market this report through their network of distributors and booksellers pan India and abroad.
(iii) The publisher and/or book seller shall get the report listed on their website
(iv) The publisher and/or book seller shall get the report listed on prominent Indian online portals viz., Flipkart, Pay Tm, Snapdeal, Infibeam, etc.
(v) The publisher and/or book seller shall get the book listed on prominent Overseas online portals viz., Amazon.com; Barnesandnoble.com; IPGbook.com; Gazellebookservices.co.uk; pinterest.com; waterstones.com; Goodredas.com; Saxo.com; Amazon.it; Ebay.com and a host of other prominent online portals.
(vi) The Textiles Committee shall give the charges of sales proceeds to the publisher and/or book seller provided they sell a minimum of minimum defined quantity or above during a year.
a) Publicizing and marketing
The publisher and/or book seller shall be: -
- Responsible for all publicizing and marketing material required across medium including mass media (TV, Radio, Print), Digital as well as through branch offices, outdoors and product marketing
- Design and development of marketing campaigns and all production supervision including all third-party productions
- Creation of communication, strategic creative and artwork for all marketing requirements
b) Customer Activation and Response Management
The publisher and/or book seller shall do: -
- Strategic planning and execution of customer activation basis the National, Regional, International and Product analysis for new customer acquisition, cross-sell/ upsell campaigns for targeted customer segments
- Create an extensive lead management process and feedback sharing system
c) Digital & Social Marketing
The publisher and/or book seller shall do the: -
- E-mail Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Website Optimization and Content Strategy
- Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing (paid search, display ads etc.)
- Social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Video Marketing etc.
- The Textiles Committee will also publicise each issue of the publication on its website, social media handle, etc.
d) Existing Customer Communication and Internal Communication
The publisher and/or book seller shall do the: -
- Communication to the existing customers on brand, customer service, products and Value adds
- Ideate and design customer communication calendar basis customer and product life cycle
- Designing internal communication including to employees, sales and partners’ staff for staff engagement, contest & campaigns promotion etc.
(vii) Interested parties should quote charges in percentage that they have to be offered on face value of hard and soft copies of reports.
(viii) Publisher and/or book seller will be selected on the basis of charges in percentage for sale of each copy(soft & hard) and other offers, if any
(ix) The selected publisher and/or book seller will be given commission for each book sold by them subject to a condition of minimum of 500 hard and/ or soft copies of the report in a year.
(x) Selected publisher and/or book seller will have to sign a confidentiality agreement with Textiles Committee to ensure proper & legitimate use of data and prevent any misuse at their end.
(xi) Selected publisher and/or book seller will have to deposit an amount of Rs.10,000/- with the Textiles Committee which will be repaid on termination of contract by either party.
(xii) The agreement will be for an initial period of 2 years and which is likely to be extended.
(xiii) Textiles Committee will be free to short-close the contract with three months’ notice. All disputes/interpretation and other matters, if any, concerning this agreement in any manner whatsoever shall be subject to final decision of the Textiles Committee.
(xiv) Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This agreement shall be governed by the Laws in India. Disputes, if any, should be addressed under the jurisdiction of Mumbai only.
(xv) The selected publisher and/or book seller will abide by all Terms & Conditions of Textiles Committee.
5. General Terms & Conditions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this document,
a. The Secretary, Textiles Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any request/proposal, or to annul the EOI process or reject all requests/proposals, at any time without any liability or any obligation for such rejection or annulment, without assigning any reasons thereof. It reserves the right to cancel/re-tender this EoI process, if the necessity so arises. It also reserves the right to seek further information/ details.
b. Publishers and/or book sellers, if found to have indulged in any corrupt or fraudulent practices, will have their EOI document summarily rejected.
6. The Textiles Committee shall not be responsible for non receipt/ non delivery of the Bid document due to any reason whatsoever.
7. How to apply
A sealed envelope containing the EOI (signed on each page) prepared in accordance with the procedure indicated in this document, should be submitted in person or sent by courier, registered/speed post etc., to The Dy. Director (Market Research), Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, 4th Floor, P Balu Road, Prabhadevi Chowk, Prabhadevi, Mumbai — 400 025 in the proforma application form as per Schedule given below. The EoI received by mail or after due date and time will not be considered.
(a) Name of the Purchaser:- The Secretary, Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, GoI.
(b) Addressee and address at which EOI is to be submitted:-
The Dy. Director (MR)
Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, GoI
4th Floor, P Balu Road, Prabhadevi Chowk,
Prabhadevi, Mumbai — 400 025;
(c) Last Date and time for receipt of EOI:- 6th September, 2021 till 5.00 PM;
(d) Briefing Session is kept on 28th August, 2021 at 3.00 PM for clearing doubts/queries related to EOI, if any, by prospective Publishing and/or Book selling firm. Those interested can attend the briefing session in person or can send their authorized representative with authorization letter on above mentioned date at Textiles Committee, Mumbai
(e) Name of the contact person for any clarification:-
Dr.T.K Rout, Deputy Director (MR), Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, 4th Floor, P Balu Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai—400025 Tel: 022-66527563; firstname.lastname@example.org
(f) Date till which the EOI should be valid 180 days from the date of opening of EOI.
Download: Application form for EOI