Would like to serve textile industry
Join Textiles Committee
Govt. of India, Ministry of Textiles
Textiles Committee is a statutory body, established under Textiles Committee Act, 1963. Textiles Committee is under the administrative control of Government of India, Ministry of Textiles, New Delhi. The Committee is engaged in various activities for promotion of quality in textile industry.
The Committee invite applications for filling up the following vacant posts.
Assistant Director (EP&QA) – Group A – 3 posts
i) Reserved for Orthopedically Handicapped - 1 post for UR (PH-OH)
ii) Reserved for Other Backward Class - 1 post for OBC
iii) Reserved for Scheduled Caste - 1 post for SC
Pay Band + Grade Pay : Rs. 15,600 - 39,100 + Rs.5,400 (PB-3)
Age Limit : Not exceeding 28 years
Qualification & Experience:
Essential: (i) Degree (at least high second class) in Textile Manufacture/Technology from a recognized university.
(ii) At least 5 years experience in a position of responsibility in production of textiles.
Desirable: (i) Post-graduate Degree in Textile Manufacture Technology.
(ii) Some experience in the standardization of specification for textiles.
- Assisting in formulation of Inspection Regulations, Quality Inspection schemes and Customized Inspection Schemes
- Assisting in drafting of Standards
- Ensuring that Pre shipment inspection of textiles and textile articles are carried out properly by Quality Assurance Officers
- Deployment / Posting of Quality Assurance Officers for carrying out various services of EP & QA wing on a daily basis (Functions and services of EP & QA Wing given in Part - I)
- Guiding Quality Assurance Officers in carrying out their duties and providing necessary clarifications as & when required
- Supervision of work carried out by the Quality Assurance Officers
- Scrutinizing the quality assessment of the textile and textile article and other activities carried out by Quality Assurance Officers
- Issuance of quality assessment Certificates.
- Identifying the training needs of Quality Assurance Officers
- Public relations with the trade and industry in relation to the services provided by EP & QA Wing and taking action for removal of difficulties faced by the trade & industry.
- Interaction with the trade & industry and identifying their needs
- To function as In charge of Regional Office
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of various technical and administrative records
- Submission of periodical statements
- Attending to routine correspondence with H.O. as well as trade and industry and perusal of incoming & outgoing daks
- Ensuring the judicious utilization of technical & clerical manpower
- Examining and recommending the leave applied by technical & clerical subordinate staff by observing rules in force.
- Arranging for periodical stock taking
- Ensuring proper disposal of old records and samples as per procedure
- Arranging for required stationery and forms
- Signing of receipts & vouchers and disposal of demand drafts & cheques etc.
- Verification & certification of cash balance every day
- Supervising the maintenance of registers prescribed in connection with Accounts
- Supervising the maintenance of Personnel Records
- Ensuring proper housekeeping of office
Additional duties in regional Offices where Regional Test House (Laboratory) is established
- Ensuring efficient & proper functioning of laboratory and ensuring timely delivery of test reports
- Arranging for laboratory chemicals & spares and supervising maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Supervising maintenance of registers by laboratory and attending to correspondence work related to laboratory
- Arranging to send the periodical returns related to laboratory, and
- Any other duties as may be assigned, from time to time.
- The maximum age limit shall be reckoned as on the last day of receipt of application.
- In addition to pay, the posts carry usual allowances as admissible to the Committee’s employees from time to time which are at par with those admissible to the employees of Central Government.
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi-Government/Autonomous Bodies or Public Undertakings should route their applications through proper channel.
- The Committee reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test on the basis of qualification and experience.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
- The maximum age limit is relaxable for SC, OBC Physically Handicapped and departmental candidates as per the Government guidelines.
- The orthopaedically handicapped persons with 40% or less disability may also apply for the post. Persons with disabilities should support their application with a copy of the prescribed certificate from the competent authority.
- Written test/Interview for the post will be conducted at Mumbai.
- Second Class Rail or Bus Fare for to and fro journey will be paid to SC candidates called for written test as admissible under the orders of the Central Government.
- The application in the prescribed format as at S.No.16 duly filled in, in all respects, signed, affixing recent passport photograph, along with self attested copies of certificates/testimonials relating to educational qualification, age, caste and experience etc., should be sent by post/courier addressed to the Secretary, Textiles Committee, Government of India, Ministry of Textiles, P. Balu Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025 so as to reach the same on or before 13.06.2016.
- Before applying, candidates in their own interest are advised to go through the details instructions contained in this notice.
- Candidates must carry at least one photo Identity Proof in original such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card etc to the examination centre, without which they shall not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- No enquiry or correspondence will be entertained for any information.
- The recruitment process can be cancelled/postponed/suspended/terminated without any prior notice / assigning any reasons at any stage.
- The following applications will be summarily rejected –
- Application without signature of the candidate
- Application in other than the prescribed format as published in web site of Textiles Committee
- Application received through Fax/E-Mail
- Application received after due date
- Incomplete / illegible application
- Application without photograph
- Application without requisite copies of certificates viz. (i) Educational Qualification; (ii) Age proof; (iii) Caste Certificate; (iv) Experience Certificate and (v) Prescribed Certificate from the Competent Authority for PH-OH Candidate.
- Application format22.95 KB