…Would like to serve textile industry
… Join Textiles Committee
Govt. of India, Ministry of Textiles
Textiles Committee is a statutory body, established under an Act of Parliament in the year 1963, under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. The Committee is engaged in various activities for promotion of quality in textile industry, which include, textiles testing services, market research studies, consultancy on implementation of Quality Management Standards and technical assistance to exporters. The HQs of the Committee is in Mumbai and in addition there are 29 offices all over the country to carry out above activities.
The Committee invites applications to fill up the under mentioned vacant post.
Quality Assurance Officer (EP & QA) – Group B
(9 posts – UR – 4, OBC-3 and SC-2)
Pay Band + Grade Pay : Rs.9300 – 34800 + Rs.4200 (PB – 2).
Age limit: Not exceeding 25 years.
Qualification and experience: Essentials: i) Degree / Diploma (at least second class) in Textile Manufacture / Technology from a recognised university/Textile Institute Or Diploma (at least second class) in Handloom Technology from the Indian Institute of Handloom Technology, Varanasi / Salem. ii) At least two years of experience in a position of responsibility in the production of textiles.
- The maximum age limit shall be reckoned as on 31/07/2015.
- In addition to pay, the posts carry usual allowances as admissible to the Committee’s employees from time to time which are at present, at par with those admissible to the employees of Central Government.
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi-Government/Autonomous Bodies or Public Undertakings should route their applications through proper channel.
- Name of the post applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope of the application.
- The Committee reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for test/interview on the basis of qualification and experience.
- The aforesaid vacancies may increase or decrease or may be cancelled altogether also. Accordingly, there may be changes in the reservation.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
- The maximum age limit is relaxable for SC /OBC and departmental candidates as per the Government guidelines.
- SC and OBC candidates should support their application with a copy of the prescribed certificate from the competent authority.
- The orthopaedically handicapped persons with 40% or less disability may apply for the post. Persons with disabilities should support their application with a copy of the prescribed certificate from the competent authority.
- Test / interview will be conducted at Mumbai.
- Second Class Rail or Bus Fare for to and fro journey will be paid to SC/ST candidates called for test / interview as admissible under the orders of the Central Government.
Application on plain paper giving bio-data including name, address, date of birth, caste, qualification, experience, etc. accompanied by attested copy of certificates and testimonials and recent passport size photograph should be forwarded to the Secretary, Textiles Committee, Government of India, Ministry of Textiles, P. Balu Road, Prabhadevi Chowk, Prabhadevi,Mumbai – 400 025, within three weeks from the date of advertisement.